Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter on the Bartram Trail

The Bartram Trail near the Stoney Creek Trailhead.
Bartram Trail During the Winter Months

It's that time of the season. Old man winter is here and letting us all know it. With the current weather only being in the teens and twenties since last week, walking or jogging outside isn't on the minds of many. Although, some people are currently out there getting their exercise or enjoying the solace of the outdoors.

I was out last week with the dogs, but it was a short walk - about a 1/2 mile. That was enough for me and I didn't want the dogs to freeze. They seemed like they were enjoying it. Spring will be here soon enough.

Getting out on the Bartram Trail this time of here is refreshing. I personally can only take a couple of days of being indoors all the time before I feel irritated or down. They even have a name for it now, it's called SAD. I know it as the winter blues.

Man just wasn't meant to be stuck inside a building for days at a time.

The winter is showing a break in the temperature next week with two days in the 40s and 50s. Of course, rain is accompanying the day it will be in the 50s. It doesn't matter to me. At least one day next week I will be walking somewhere on the Bartram Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment